The Royal Project Foundation is organising the Royal Project Fair 2016 to commemorate the late King Bhumibhol Adulyadej’s 47 Years of Royal Project Development and his vision and determination to improve quality of life for rural communities.
The fair will be held at Chiang Mai University Convention Center, from 22-25 December, 2016, from 9:00 – 20:00 Hrs.
Many activities will be held during the fout-day event with highlight activities including:
- A presentation about H.M the late King and his Royal Projects.
- A model of the ‘Father’s Tree’; showcasing strawberry cultivation in bamboo houses that resemble those of the Royal Projects; cultivation of berry fruits, passion fruit and grape fruits; and creative decorating using fruits and many types of beautiful flowers.
- An exhibition concerning the advanced studies in cultivation of strawberries, Lingzhi mushroom plantations, organic egg farms, organic pest control products, soil and water conservation, organic fertiliser, and the development and promotion of strawberries and small fruits cultivation.
- Introducing new kinds of fruits such as species of strawberry (The Royal Strawberry 88), blueberries, golden kiwi fruit, yellow cherry tomatoes, purple sweetcorn, and Lingzhi royal mushroom.
- Young ladies’ development activities of the Royal Project; cooking competitions using Royal Project products. Cooking demonstrations, beverage booths and a coffee corner that make use of cold-climate crops as well as a health spa and cultural performances from hill tribe people.
Visitors can also shop for different types of fresh produce, organic products, arts, crafts and handmade products produced by local people, herbal products, and dry ornamental plants of the Royal Project.